According to the General Data Protection Regulation, the personal data controller of a register is obligated to inform the register’s data subjects in a clear manner. This statement fulfills this informing obligation.
Data privacy and security is important for us and this policy indicates the controller of your data, what kind of data we collect and store, how the data is stored and how you can control your own data.
1. Personal data controller
Business ID: 2935599-9
Veräjäkallionkatu 3 E 50
phone number: +35845 262 4701
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have question concerning your personal data and its processing.
2. Data subjects
We collect information of our customers through our online store (www.revoel.com). The data collection is based on customers´ own consignment to provide their personal information to our use.
3. Purpose of use of personal data
Purpose for the register and the processing of personal data
Personal data is only being processed for predetermined purposes, which are:
- Delivering ordered products by the customer
- Customer service and communication with customers
- Managing customers´ product exchanges and returns
- Sending newsletters to those customers who have subscribed to our email list. Personal data collected when purchasing products from the online store are not used for marketing purposes.
- Bookkeeping and other related legal provisions
- Marketing communications via email
- Personal data recorded in the register
The register contains the following information:
Contact information provided by the customer voluntarily
- First name
- Last name
- Street address
- Post code / ZIP
- Town / city
- Phone number
- Information on products purchased and activities that relate to the sale and handling of the product
5. The data subject’s rights
The data subject has the following rights, and requests for their use should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Right to access data
The data subject may check the data we have recorded.
Right to rectification
The data subject may request the rectification of inaccurate or incomplete personal data.
Right to object
The data subject may object to the processing of personal data if the data subject feels that personal data has been processed unlawfully.
Right to forbid direct marketing
The data subject has the right to forbid the use of personal data for direct marketing.
Right to deletion
The data subject has the right to request the deletion of data if personal data processing is not necessary. We will handle the request for deletion and proceed to either delete the data or state a justified reason for not being able to delete the data.
It should be noted that the controller may have legal or other rights to not delete the requested data. The controller is obligated to preserve accounting materials for the duration set out in the Finnish Accounting Act. For this reason, materials related to accounting cannot be deleted before the required term by the law has expired.
If the processing of personal data is only based on the data subject’s consent and not for instance on a customer relationship or membership, the data subject may withdraw consent.
Right to complain
The data subject has the right to complain if the data subject feels that we are violating the effective data protection regulation when processing personal data.
6. Regular information sources
Customer information is regularly obtained when:
- Customer makes purchase from Revoel online store (www.revoel.com)
- Customer makes an e-mail newsletter subscription on website (www.revoel.com)
- Customer fills in an “exchange or return” form after ordering product(s)
- Customer contacts us via email, phone, post service or social media channels
7. Regular disclosure of data
We may also share data in occasions when required by law to exercise or defend our legal rights or to protect our customers´ interest.
8. Duration of processing
- Personal data is stored at least for three (3) years related to customer service purposes
- Information related to purchases and related activities via online store is stored for the period determined by the Finnish Accounting Act
9. Personal data processors
The controller and processor of the customer register is Revoel Ltd and its employees.
10. Transferring data outside the EU
Personal data is not transferred outside the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA).
11. Automatic decision-making and profiling
We are not using the data for automatic decision-making or profiling.